Complete your BS 1192:2007 Gap Analysis to discover how you can improve your data collaboration to support the successful delivery of your construction projects.
Building Information Modelling, more commonly known as BIM, is a tool that enables you to collaborate between participants in a construction project. Collaboration is pivotal to the efficient delivery of facilities and a major constituent to this collaboration is the use of data.
Are you thinking of using BIM on your projects? Are you using BIM but not getting the full potential benefit from it?
To help you deliver your BIM projects successfully ECS (Engineering and Construction Strategies) and Roelto have collaborated together to help you get to BIM Level 2 in a practical and cost effective way. By completing a BIM BS 1192 Gap Analysis, you will discover the key aspects you need to consider and how to implement and use BIM successfully, on all of your projects by working more collaboratively.
BS 1192 Gap Analysis – A 2 Step Process
To understand how completing a BS 1192 Gap Analysis will save you time and money here are 2 simple steps for you to take:
- BIM and BS 1192 Overview and Initial Gap Analysis – Your Free 1 to 2 hour consultation provides you with an overview of BIM, and an initial Gap Analysis of BS 1192 Clause 4: Collaboration management processes, and a review of a typical BIM Project Roadmap. Once you have completed this initial Gap Analysis, you will have a good overview of what is required so you can make an informed decision as to whether you need to undertake a complete BS 1192 Gap Analysis.
- Undertake A Complete BS 1192 Gap Analysis – Based on your initial gap analysis results, a 1 or 2 day workshop will be completed covering all of BS 1192 Clauses. Most of the data gathering can be easily and quickly completed by yourself, again saving you time and money. A full report will be produced including a plan and cost to remediate the agreed gaps and develop your company BIM Strategic Roadmap and BIM Project Strategy Plan template.
During your BS 1192 Gap Analysis, you will have free access to our BS 1192 online tool so you can start reviewing the clauses and collating your “body of evidence” which can be uploaded and or linked to the specific clause. The BS 1192 Gap Analysis tool will help you to understand where the gaps are and what you need to focus on – quickly and easily.
BIM Strategic Roadmap
Once you have fully completed your BS 1192 Gap Analysis you can now start to co-create your BIM Strategic Roadmap specifically focussed on your business, the market needs, the type of projects you need to deliver using BIM, including the technology and resource requirements to successfully implement BIM within your business. You will discover this is not just about technology, you need to consider the organisational impact, peoples skills and their capability with regards to using BIM technology and collaboration in general. There is where you can utilise BS 11000 collaborative business relationships framework, where appropriate.
BIM Project Strategy Plan
By completing your BS 1192 Gap Analysis and developing your BIM Strategic Roadmap you will be able to produce a robust and complete BIM Project Strategy Plan template. This will be used within your business, with your clients and supply chain partners on all of your projects to ensure a consistent and highly collaborative approach is taken, facilitating a successful project delivery everytime. The plan has four parts:
- BIM Strategy Information Requirements – The BIM strategy provides an overall outline and includes a BIM Business Process (Processes, Key Decisions Points, Information Drops and Plain Language Questions), Project Information Model and the Data & Geometry Maturity
- BIM Technical Data Strategy – This identifies how your BIM data is managed – defined, tested, exchanged and used by the project team members
- BIM Commercial & Procurement Strategy – The commercial strategy defines how you will ensure BIM requirements are captured within your contractual documents and procurement/ commercial processes
- Training and Communication Strategy – A key success driver to your BIM projects is to clearly define the roles and responsibilities (RACI), the necessary training, communication and how continual improvement will be implemented and managed.
A Practical Approach To Implementing BIM
By completing your BS 1192 gap analysis you will be able to take a more measured and practical approach to implementing BIM within your organisation. All you need to do is simply leave your details in the form below and we will contact you to set up a date and time for your Free BS 1192 Consultation and Initial Gap Analysis.
Just leave your name, company, telephone number and email in the form below.
Ensure A Successful Start To Your BIM Project With A BS1192 Gap Analysis
Please leave your details in the form and click the button below